Wednesday, August 3, 2016

There's a New Woodchuck in Town


As many of you long time followers know, we have used the Eli Lilly bag to house Joe's diabetes supplies over the years.  This bag has been affectionately called "Woodchuck".  Why name it?  You may ask.  Well, would you rather yell "get the diabetes supply bag!"  (three words and boring) OR would you rather yell "get Woodchuck!" (one word and much more interesting and dramatic). 

Anyways...

The old Woodchuck was getting a little haggard.

He was dirty.


He has gotten small; well our supplies have gotten larger.  Since upgrading the PDM case to a Sugar Medical,  zipping up the Woodchuck reminds me of  my post-adolescent self, laying on my bed, sucking in my abdomen, trying to zip up my two-sizes-too-small Jordache Jeans. 

So.. it was time to invest in a new bag.

Let me introduce you to the new Woodchuck (Woodchuck # like 8 or 9...I've lost track)..

His exterior is gray and black.  He's like 9"X11"X3"

His interior.  We can fit in all our day-in-the-life needs.
I found this bag on Amazon.  It's from ChillMed.  I have personal experience with this bag, as well.  As a school nurse, I like the clear pouch for placing documents explaining emergency plans and plans for a lockdown situation.  Hopefully, it will be durable for Joe.

A day-in-the-life of chucking the old Woodchuck.

No comments: