Monday, November 5, 2018

#DAM D' Drama


#d'rama on day 5 of DAM ...one would think having a month dedicated to awareness should be enough.

#nothingscaresthebejeezusouttaadmamalikeastomachbug

11:30-something last night...while I was sleeping...

I hear a 'I've been low for hours...had 4 juices...stomach doesn't feel good'...my eyes snap open👀. Joe has a death ate a cracker look to him. His number is hovering in the 50s and 60s. The only thing I can do here, is to turn his pump off for a couple of hours and pray to all that is good and holy that he doesn't have a GI Bug.

2:17 a.m. - The retching sounds let me know that the good and holy unleashed the bad and evil. 🤮
Since, we have checked blood sugars every 2 hours, ketone checks every 4 hours, hydrated and bolused insulin as aggressively as his BG allows.

A GI illness can (and has) meant a trip to the ER for Joe. For a person with t1d, GI illnesses, common colds, and influenza can be dangerous and can lead to hospitalization and even death.  

#getaflushot #washyourhands #stayhomewhenyouaresick
#makediabetesvisable #t1d
28

No comments: